Source: The Woks Of Life
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 10 minutes
TOTAL: 20 minutes
This spicy oyster mushroom stir-fry recipe has three things going for it.
1) It uses just 8 ingredients.
2) It’s incredibly tasty.
3) It’s completely vegan!
It’s one of those recipes that isn’t necessarily trying to be vegan/vegetarian. It is completely satisfying and delicious. Even if you’re not on a plant-based diet, you’ll enjoy this stir-fry as a main dish or side.
Note that this dish is very spicy. If you’d like to make it more mild, substitute the long hot peppers with thinly sliced sweet bell peppers.
- 500g oyster mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 6 slices ginger
- 8 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon spicy bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 long hot peppers (red and/or green, de-seeded and sliced diagonally)
- Slice the oyster mushrooms
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a wok over high heat. Fry the mushrooms lightly in the oil until golden brown on one side. Flip and fry on the other side until golden. Continue frying until the mushrooms are tender. Remove the mushrooms from the oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add another tablespoon of oil to the wok. Add the ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in the spicy bean sauce and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms back to the wok, along with the light soy sauce and ½ teaspoon sugar. Add the peppers to the wok and stir-fry everything together for another 2 minutes.