The recipe comes from The Sophisticated Caveman.
This pan-fried oyster mushroom recipe is a simple, delicious way to prepare oyster mushrooms or almost any fungi of your choosing.
Total Time 20 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces oyster mushrooms cut into evenly sized pieces
3 garlic cloves smashed
5 sprigs of thyme
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread the mushrooms out in a single layer in the pan. Cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Stir the mushrooms and cook for another 3-5 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the ghee/butter, garlic, and thyme to the skillet and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes, spooning the ghee/butter over the mushrooms until they are dark brown and slightly crispy.
- Remove the thyme springs and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!